Emotion Code Consent Form
Please sign before first session
1. I understand that The Emotion Code®, as created and taught by Dr. Bradley Nelson, and as practiced by openhearted and the practitioner, Kristen Hough seek to identify and eliminate underlying imbalances by releasing energetic imbalances. These methods of energy healing can promote harmony and balance within, relieving stress and supporting the bodyʼs natural ability to heal. Energy healing such as The Emotion Code® is widely recognized as a valuable and effective complement to conventional medical care. There are many other types of energy healing, The Emotion Code® is only one technique.
2. I understand that releasing trapped emotions as practiced by Kristen Hough of openhearted, is not a substitute for medical care. This information is not intended as medical advice and should not be used for medical diagnosis or treatment. Information received is not intended to create any physician-patient relationship, nor should it be considered a replacement for consultation with a healthcare provider, nor is it meant to replace any medical treatments as ordered by any physicians nor any other medical care you have been advised to seek by them. I further understand that The Emotion Code® and any suggestions made for grounding techniques or meditation are not a replacement for any professional psycho-therapeutic or counseling sessions in the treatment of any mental health issues or disorders.
3. I understand that in approximately 20% of sessions, the release of trapped emotion(s) or other energy(s) may result in “processing,” where echoes of the emotion(s) or other energy(s) released may manifest in temporary physical or emotional discomfort and that this “processing” appears to be a normal part of regaining energetic balance. Processing symptoms can include but are not limited to tiredness, excessive thirst, agitation, trouble sleeping, dreams about events released, headaches, and nausea.
4. I understand that my practitioner, Kristen Hough of openhearted, makes no claims as to healing or recovery from any illness I may have now, nor the prevention of any illness I may have in the future and that no guarantee is made towards validity. I further understand that the use of any information I receive is at my own risk.
5. I understand that if I have health concerns, I am recommended to seek advice from an appropriate medical practitioner before making any decisions about my health and that this information is offered as a service and is not meant to replace any medical treatment.
6. I understand that I am advised to be self-informed about this work by visiting Dr. Bradley Nelson's website: and/or by reading his book, The Emotion Code.
7. I understand that by signing this form, I fully consent to participate in The Emotion Code with Kristen Hough.
I have read this contract in full and am ready to sign.
Please sign and date, then click button to submit.